John Collins MRCVS
Veterinary Surgeon

Carmichael Lane, Mallow, Co. Cork  

Mallow Vets on Facebook Mallow Vets on Twitter  Mallow Vets on YouTube  Mallow Vets on Google+ 

Home

Regular Checkups

Regular check ups and visits will ensure the health, wellbeing and productivity of your herd or flock.

Read more...

Emergency Callouts

I have the expertise, dedication, experience and skill to offer a complete out of hours and emergency service.

Read more...

Veterinary Pharmacy

Clients of the practice can expect a well stocked pharmacy to guarantee the health, wellness and productivity of their animals.

Read more...

Contact Us

John Collins MRCVS 

Mallow Vets

Carmichael Lane

Mallow

Co. Cork

Phone: (022) 50722

Mobile : (086) 8585956

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Office Opening Hours:

Monday thru Saturday: 9.30am to 7.30pm

Sundays:I am contactable at all times and for out of hours and emergencies on (086) 8585956

Large Animal Services

sample

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Proin semper mi in lacus pulvinar sagittis. Nulla placerat laoreet fermentum. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Proin semper mi in lacus pulvinar sagittis. Nulla placerat laoreet fermentum.

Nunc dictum rutrum accumsan. Maecenas tempor pellentesque dolor, ut vehicula justo luctus a. Nullam neque nulla, rutrum ac volutpat in, dapibus quis justo. Integer semper faucibus neque, eget rhoncus diam interdum ut. Nulla id ante mauris. Sed eleifend ante eget diam gravida ultrices. Pellentesque sollicitudin nisl vel massa lacinia at dictum quam accumsan. Donec id velit urna. Praesent gravida lacus in ante hendrerit eget vehicula metus rhoncus. Mauris fringilla molestie urna vel hendrerit. Sed in nisl at magna porta tincidunt eu eu nulla.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Proin semper mi in lacus pulvinar sagittis. Nulla placerat laoreet fermentum. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Proin semper mi in lacus pulvinar sagittis. Nulla placerat laoreet fermentum.

Nunc dictum rutrum accumsan. Maecenas tempor pellentesque dolor, ut vehicula justo luctus a. Nullam neque nulla, rutrum ac volutpat in, dapibus quis justo. Integer semper faucibus neque, eget rhoncus diam interdum ut. Nulla id ante mauris. Sed eleifend ante eget diam gravida ultrices. Pellentesque sollicitudin nisl vel massa lacinia at dictum quam accumsan. Donec id velit urna. Praesent gravida lacus in ante hendrerit eget vehicula metus rhoncus. Mauris fringilla molestie urna vel hendrerit. Sed in nisl at magna porta tincidunt eu eu nulla.

About Us

I graduated from The Veterinary College of Ireland, University College, Dublin in 2001 with honours in the major subject of Veterinary Clinical Reproduction. Since qualifying, I have worked in progressive veterinary practices both in Ireland and abroad and always endeavoured to enhance my knowledge, skills and expertise. 

My first job following qualifying in 2001 was in here in Mallow. I gained great experience in the practical aspects of veterinary medicine under the guidance of Mr. Conor TW O'Brien MRCVS. I developed a fantastic rapport with the clients of the Mallow area which I have successfully nurtured and developed to this day. I meet clients and former clients on the street daily!

In October 2004, I committed to full time companion animal practice in Cork City with Mr. Richard Healy MRCVS. Until mid 2011, I worked day and night for the betterment of the companion animals and performance racing dogs of the greater Cork area. In this practice, I thoroughly enjoyed the disparate client base and varied case load; clipping a guinea pig's nails in the morning and performing a caesarean on a Saint Bernard mother-to-be at 4am the next morning! My companion animal surgical and medical skills benefitted immensely from such exposure. I attended all of the weekend out of hours cases for this practice and on a rota basis for 3 other exclusively companion animal practices for 7 years. I am now offering the same first class service at Mallow Vets. The numerous thank you cards I received from clients of all of these practices is proof of my dedication, knowledge, kindness and professionalism. 

In February 2012, I was offered a fantastic opportunity to revisit genuine mixed practice in Co. Clare under the stewardship of Messrs TK Malone MRCVS, A O'Connell MVB and N Farrell. This practice attended clients from the tip of the Loop Head peninsula to Ennis town and from Kilrush to Lisdoonvarna (for the craic!). The work was mostly cattle based and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of my sojourn in the Banner. Once described by Mr. O'Connell as UEFA Champions League style veterinary practice, I quickly found the description to be most apt! I doubt that any comparable Irish practice could be busier in terms of calvings, caesarean sections and general cattle and equine practice. My large animal surgical and medical skills positively blossomed during this most beneficial and advantageous internship. The disposition of the clients and practice team lent itself to a most enjoyable and memorable experience. I am proud to be remembered as an honorary Clare man. Up the Banner!

Variety is the spice of life

I enjoy a varied caseload at Mallow Vets and love being on farm dealing with problems in real time. No two days are the same and one is never bored. When not working (very rarely), I adore cycling, building bikes, cooking and reading. My chosen subject is communist regimes, especially those of North Korea and the former German Democratic Republic. My wife and I have travelled extensively; from herding cattle on horseback in Montana to chasing camels in the Northern Territory, Australia. In December 2010, Tom was born and now we chase him instead!. Mark was born in June 2012 and is anxious to get his hands on the practice as soon as possible. Ruth, my wife keeps horses and I am charged with general maintenance and fencing duties around the place.

Mallow Vets, Vet Surgeon in Mallow

John Collins, Vet Surgeon in Mallow, of Mallow Vets is a graduate of The Veterinary College Ireland covering all aspects of veterinary medicine.

Vet Surgeon in Mallow

I enjoy a varied caseload at Mallow Vets and love being on farm dealing with problems in real time. John is a Vet Surgeon in Mallow, click here to read more:

Find us on Google+

Newsletter

Contact Us

mapCarmichael Lane, Mallow, Co. Cork

map(086) 8585956

map(022) 50722

emailThis email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.